Back to All Vacancies
Data Centre Operations Specialist
An opportunity has arisen for a Data Centre Operations Specialist who will help support our customers and help in the deployment of new technologies.
- Be the first point of escalation for complex tasks/projects;
- Be a catalyst in the transfer of knowledge between the Systems, Networks and DC Ops teams;
- Coordinating with Facility, DC Ops and NetOps for the passing of bearer network cabling within the DC. (Eg Area 1 to Area 2 interconnection; Telco connectivity – fibre from outside to the rack) ;
- Managing DC Customer projects (eg. Racking new infrastructure, new installations, removals etc);
- Assist in the deployment and support of new and ongoing projects as well as the X-as-a-Service (XaaS) offerings such as Cloud, Backup services, Firewall services, Dedicated server services etc.;
- Being a reference for the team and help with the onboarding process;
- Introduce a scheduling culture both internally and with customers;
- Provide recommendations and suggestions for improvements;
- Assist operations manager in planning, organizing and coordinating functions relating to the team's operation;
- Coordinates with other departments to achieve optimal work production across the board;
- Assist with all team duties.
The ideal candidate will :
- Be a team player and be able to work well with colleagues towards accomplishing common goals;
- Be detail oriented and get the job done efficiently and effectively;
- Be capable of managing their time well and be able to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Be able to project manage;
- Be willing to undergo certifications as requested by the company;
- Industry certification from Microsoft, HP, Cisco or other IT industry leaders will be considered an asset.