Back to All Vacancies
BMIT, Malta’s leading provider of data centre, cloud and managed services, is seeking to recruit a Network Engineer. As a Network Engineer you will a member of a small team of dedicated people tasked with the management of BMIT's private network, designed as a fully protected, dual-homed, high-speed network, linking all BMIT facilities in Malta, Italy and Germany.
Ideal candidates should have:
- A degree related to networking;
- An active CCNA certification, an active CCNP certification will be considered an asset;
- A passion for networking;
- Experience with Linux and Windows;
- Experience with scripting technologies (python, perl, php);
- Knowledge of MPLS will be considered an asset;
- 2 years experience in a similar role
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build, operate, manage and maintain the company’s core network, as well as the related Network Management Systems;
- Handle the day to day tasks arising from our customers including:
- Tasks for provisioning of new services;
- Tasks for issues arising with existing services;
- Tasks for the maintenance of existing services.
- Ensuring audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and are in compliance with policies and procedures;
- Analyse statistical data of the network to ensure appropriate forecasting, dimensioning and sizing of the various Network elements;
- Be proactive to ensure systems are healthy and secure;
- Recommend system upgrades and new tools to ensure continuous improvement;
- Maintain an updated and accurate Documentation.