Back to All Vacancies
An opportunity has become available for an Accountant to join BMIT's Finance team.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the finance function, assigning tasks and overviewing the progress work of the finance personnel within the finance department;
- Compiling accurate, complete and timely monthly management accounts for each company within the group and also consolidated accounts;
- Preparing monthly reporting or other analysis as required;
- Preparing working papers and reports to be presented to directors and interested parties;
- Following procedures for the preparation of half-yearly and year end accounts in compliance with regulations;
- Liaising and communicating with auditors, financial institutions and other consultants on various financial matters;
- Developing and nurturing relations with all stake holders including employees, customers and suppliers;
- Ensuring that effective internal controls are in place and are being adhered to together with suggesting any changes for improvement;
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and on-time submission of forms as required by local authorities;
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets, communicating the budget to the group’s cost centres and monitoring of performance against budget on an ongoing basis;
- Managing cash flow and expenses to honour the group’s commitments and maintain a healthy performance;
- Supporting the other departments with respect to financial matters and providing advice on the financial implications of future business activities;
- Providing recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- A fully qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, will be considered as an asset;
- A mature, professional person who is able to multi-task, work under pressure, prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines whilst keeping a positive attitude;
- A pleasant personality who must be able to work both individually and within a team with minimal supervision;
- A problem solver ready to take the initiative when opportune;
- Have an analytical mind-set and have good attention to detail;
- A flexible person who is fast to adapt to changing circumstances.