Back to All Vacancies
BMIT Limited, Malta’s leading provider of data centre, cloud and managed services, is seeking to recruit a Systems Specialist. As a Systems Specialist you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of systems that will allow you to grow your knowledge and skill set.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage server infrastructure (both Windows and Linux) as well as Hypervisors such as VMWare and HyperV;
- Manage supporting infrastructure such as switches, firewalls, load balancers and storage from Cisco, HPE, F5 and others.
- Provision, document and hand over new setups;
- Maintain, monitor, document and manage setups to provide the highest level of availability possible;
- Provide the necessary expertise to ensure best practices are given due consideration;
- Plan, schedule and carry out preventive maintenance on all systems to ensure security and availability;
- Provide customer onsite support as required.
- You have a passion for all things administration including networks, systems and databases;
- You have 2 years or more experience with Linux and Windows OS Administration;
- You have experience or are keen to learn Cloud Services (such as Azure);
- You have experience or want to learn SQL infrastructure administration;
- You are always looking to improve a setup with a high focus on ensuring security and availability of all infrastructure;
- You like to learn new skills and technologies and do not shy away from taking on courses to improve your skills;.
Good to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer studies or equivalent;
- Experience with monitoring technologies;
- Experience and/or knowledge of ITIL processes;
- Experience with PowerShell scripting;
- Time management skills;
- Vendor certifications such as Microsoft, VMWare and Cisco.